Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

SHOP OWNER I HAVE A VEHICLE HERE SINCE YEAR AND 3 MONTH AGO…

Customer Question
HI Lawyer's Assistant: Hello...

HI

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

YES IM MECHANIC SHOP OWNER I HAVE A VEHICLE HERE SINCE YEAR AND 3 MONTH AGO ON DECEMBER CUSTOMER CALL DEALER FOR REPOSSESION DO TO A THEY DONT HAVE MONEY TO PAY ME . WHEN THE DEALER SEND TOW TRUCK COMPANY FOR REPOSSESION I GIVE THEN A BILL FOR THE WORK WE DO AT THE SHO AND THE STORAGE FEES WAS AROUND $6250 THE DEALER DRIVE TIME CALL ME TO RELEASE THE TITLE BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT THE CAR THEY DO AN ADBANDED TITLE . NOW I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT THE CAR UNDER SHOP OR MY NAME SOMETHING THAT U CAN HELP ME

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

FLORIDA 2009 DODGE JPURNEY JOURNEY

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

MANUFACTURER FOR WHAT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

CUSTOMER DONT WANT THE CAR CUSTOMER CALL THE DEALER FOR RESPO BUT WHEN THEY CAME TO THE SHOP WAS A BILL TO PAY

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/18/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

I know there is a good amount of information here for you to digest, but this is the FL law that governs in your situation. You will have to follow the procedures identified at that link and make a public sale of the vehicle to enforce your lien. You can also bid on the vehicle at the public sale but you have the advantage as your lien is the starting price others bidders would ave to meet or beat.

Did this answer your question?

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.