Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a used 2007 Nissan Maxima in Feb 2017. Had it…

Customer Question
I purchased a used...

I purchased a used 2007 Nissan Maxima in Feb 2017. Had it checked out before purchase. Also purchased a Service Contract warranty. Since then the Timing Chain(s) have been replaced. Car was at the dealer for 6 Weeks. Had to take it back because the dealer did not complete the original repair, at the dealer another 2 weeks. Had transmission issues, they replaced the transmission. Since then car has been back to the dealer twice for the same transmission issue. Currently at the dealer going on the 3rd week now, and they cannot figure out what the issue is. Do I possibly have a case under the lemon law?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Ga. 2007 Nissan Maxima SL

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes, they are also puzzled as to the issue with the vehicle. They have authorized the Nissan Dealer to use the manufacturer support team.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have only had the car to drive myself for maybe 7 weeks total since it was purchased.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/18/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Your question: "Do I possibly have a case under the lemon law?"

Answer:

No, unfortunately not. Georgia, and most other states as well does not have a lemon law that applies to used vehicles. Essentially, used vehicles in Georgia are sold "as is" and are only subject to any service agreements or warranties that you purchase. However, these agreements or warranties are usually sold by a third party even when purchased at a dealership.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

I am about to go offline for the evening. I will be back online tomorrow so if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will answer them as soon as I see them. If you haven't issued a Positive Rating yet I would encourage you to do so now. Issuing a Positive Rating will prevent the question from timing out and closing and will lock it open so it can be accessed and the Q and A can continue at any time from this evening or even a year or more from now.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer