Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am interested in suing Ocwen Loan Servicing. Louisiana,

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in suing Ocwen Loan Servicing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet. I have no money. Everything I had within the past 5 years has gone to Ocwen. Now I owe approx. $100,000 more than when I purchased the house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband died 5 years ago. His life insurance proceeds were not enough to pay off the loan so I just used the money to make the mortgage payments. Every chance they got they would offer me a motification plan. I explained to them that my husband had died and since his income was the main source of our decision to purchase the house what I really needed from them was something that would lower my payments and then I could make timely payments. Never did they offer this as an option to me. Now here it is 5 years later and I am broke and it looks as though Ocwen will end up getting my house after all.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/18/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry, but what are you looking to sue them for? What is your specific question for us?