Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A cancun, mexco Jewlery company owed me a credit since

Customer Question
A cancun, mexco Jewlery...

A cancun, mexco Jewlery company owed me a credit since December 2015. I have all related documentation from them supporting the claim. My contact with the company kept on promising to process this refund. Nothing happened until now. My credit in US was damaged as I feel it is a dipute not a debt. The California bank couldn't do anything about it either. I look for your advice as to my next step,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

My nam2703377 is Mahmoud Attallah, tel # 714

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes over a period of a year and half via emails

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have all the documentation to support the claim as well as the email communication over the period since December , 2015

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/15/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. This appears to be a classic breach of contract. Even though the other party is abroad, if the contract was breached while you were in the United States, this could subject them to jurisdiction in the U.S. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.