Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

There are some problems between me and a big organization.

Customer Question
This big organization has some...
There are some problems between me and a big organization. This big organization has some attorneys (I think some of them are not good attorneys). I don't have an attorney. I mentioned the problems to a government office/agency, so this government office/agency is trying to resolve the problems.At the same time, I need to communicate with this organization. My questions are: what is ok to say to this organization and what I should not say to them, or if there are some guidelines regarding communications in this situation. I think if I have an attorney now, he/she may not want me to communicate with this organization directly? Thanks.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/15/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to give us more information, because what you can say to them is based on what the situation is and what you want from them. So you need to get more specific with us about this situation and specifically what you want to tell them.

I see. Thanks for the reply. It is a long story to write about though. Are there any books you would recommend for me to read and learn a little about such 'communication guidelines'. I'm thinking about taking law school classes too: could I know which class/topic may cover such 'guidelines'?

Are you talking about negotiating with them?

Some people in that organization did 'wrong' things to me, so 1st they need to apologize to me - otherwise I'll file complains. Then I need to know how this organization really works, in order to decide if I will continue to be their client. Thanks.

Okay, there are really no books on that. Like I said, these communications are different in every situation. Getting apologies from a corporation or their employees is pretty much impossible, it never really happens. So if you are looking for an apology from them, do not hold your breath. No matter how much you ask for one, they will not give a personal apology. You can inform them if they do not correct the situation you will pursue legal action against them, that is not wrong to say to them, but again if they refuse you have to go back and sue them or file complaints.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.