Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A friend of mine somehow got his resume on I believe that he…

Customer Question
A friend of mine somehow...
A friend of mine somehow got his resume on https://www.420jobsearch.comI believe that he thought that because of his regular pharmacy experience he may be able to break into the marijuana industry.Now he wants to get his resume removed but the website owners are not cooperative.What are his options?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/14/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Legally, if you read the terms of their site by putting your resume on their site they say it cannot be removed. So once the resume is posted it belongs to the site, according to their terms which were agreed upon when the resume is posted. However, if they are making improper use of his resume, then he can get a local attorney and sue them for removal. If he did not put his resume on the site, then he can also sue them to force them to remove his resume. However, if he did voluntarily put it up there and agreed to their terms, suing is the only way to remove it.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.