Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a issue with Sears regarding a refrigerator that was

Customer Question

I have a issue with Sears regarding a refrigerator that was returned. I have been trying for almost two months to have problem corrected. They currently owe me approx $1500 of which I am paying monthly interest, I have had about 6 phone calls and 2 store visits. No one seems willing or able to help me. Thank You
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I am in Michigan and did not where to begin with my complaint.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Sears delivered 3 different refrigerators (Kenmore) and they all had similar door issues. It is not a manufacturer problem, the problem lies with Sears Credit Card people.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Am I being charged.for this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

You can sue them in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be a "user friendly", simplified process, so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.