Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Received notice of award was informed not to contact anyone…

Customer Question
Received notice of award...

Received notice of award was informed not to contact anyone would prefer to discuss by phone pls leave number to call

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Ca yes ands no

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/12/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 11 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Sorry, this is a scam. The reason why they are asking you not to tell anyone is because if you do, you will be told that this is a scam (as I am doing now).

No real sweepstakes or lottery will ever tell you to "keep it secret." This is a very common tactic by scammers.

This is NOT real. You need to BLOCK the number and to stop communicating with them.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.