Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am looking for a lawyer to do all of the work involved in…

Customer Question
I am looking for a...
I am looking for a lawyer to do all of the work involved in going to small claims court
to sue for $5,000 which I never received for work performed. Please tell me how
I can find such an individual or firm and how much it will cost. I do not want to
do this myself.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/11/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalPro, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer

Please see my response to your other question thread. Unfortunately, hiring an attorney to represent you simply is not cost effective for small claims court because the cost of paying an attorney to take your case your case to trial would likely cost close to what the maximum potential award is.

If you adamantly want legal assistance, you may wish to consider paying for what's called "unbundled" legal services, which would be where an attorney helps you with specific aspects of your case but is not your attorney of record. For instance, an attorney might be able to help you draft your complaint, and you would then submit it in your own name.

You would simply want to call local attorneys and ask if they are willing to provide "unbundled" services. Most attorneys are not, due to liability concerns about helping but not having total control over a client's case, but some attorneys do provide this service and so it's worth a shot.

I would like to get my deposit returned. Thank you

I'm not sure I understand. Was I able to answer your question here?