Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I thought I was selling 3 of my timeshares and 250 weeks I

Customer Question

I thought I was selling 3 of my timeshares and 250 weeks I bought in Mexico. I was told that I had to pay transfer and processing fees on each of the three properties plus on the 250 weeks, bank insurance bond, carrier insurance since it was coming in to this country from Mexico, notary fees and additional title fees, plus the sat taxes that would keep me from having to pay capital gains taxes in the United States. All of the property was supposedly being sold to a company in Mexico. I was supposed to be reimbursed all of the monies I was out plus the amount they were supposedly paying for my weeks and timeshares. I have been out over $150,000.00 and now there is no one answering my calls. I am a widow and I guess at this point I have lost my life savings and there is nothing I can do about it, right?
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: Yes I have all the contracts I signed.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: As I said I have tried to contact McGinnis Management and Texas Title and Company and they are no longer returning calls. I guess they are made up scam companies.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
On review of your facts, you have a good case. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"