Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

I was wondering if there was a lemon law for a person who

Customer Question

I was wondering if there was a lemon law for a person who sales a car "as is" when he claimed that the car had no mechanical issues or transmission issues before I purchased the car I have text message where I asked him and he assured me that there were no issues just the paint, when we met he then told me about some shock issues and that the radio didn't work but stated he would take 300. of the original price for that. I need help I just want my money back and to return the car and he basically stated I out of luck and that I would need an attorney what do I need to do???
JA: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.
Customer: what link???
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Oklahoma and it is a 2006 Suzuki Forenza
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: no because I bought it from a personal owner
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I have had the car less than 72 hours and need to know how to get a refund and return the car???
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: so I just email this person or site?? I'm not sure how this works
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

The lemon law does not apply to vehicles purchased from individual sellers, but you don't need it. If the seller misrepresented the vehicle at the time of sale, and you relied on those representations in purchasing it, you have a right to cancel the sale. If the seller is unwilling to take the car back and refund the full purchase price, you can file a lawsuit in small claims court without an attorney for misrepresentation and fraud. Doing so will not only get your money back and cancel the sale, but a court could award up to three times the purchase price as "punitive damages" which are designed to punish wrongful conduct and deter future misconduct. Small claims court is easy and straightforward purpose designed for regular folks. You should be able to find all the forms an user friendly instructions on your county court website. The law is on your side.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please let me know that, as well. Also, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is what I thought but just needed a professional point of view on the matter

Glad I could help.

Best,

Attorney 1