Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I WAS INJURED BY A DEFECTIVE RAZOR BLADE, I SENT THEM PHOTOS

Customer Question

HELLO I WAS INJURED BY A DEFECTIVE RAZOR BLADE
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I SENT THEM PHOTOS OF TEH CUTS ON FACE AND BLADE THEY CONTACTED THERE INSURENSE COMPANY ZURICH ZURICH ARE DELAYNG
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: YES THEY DELYED THEN ZURICH INSURANCE CALLED ME
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: IM TRYING TO KNOW WEATHER TO SUE FOR PI? AND WEATHER I CAN TEL THE INSUARNCE COMPANY Y AND MANUFATURE RTHAT IF WE CANT SETTLE I WIL HAVE TO SUE AND TELL THE PUBLIC AND PRESS ABOUT THE RISKS OF THE PRODUCT OR IS THAT CONSIDERED ILLEGAL OR BLACK MAIL EVEN THOUGHT ITS THE TRUTH ? ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I’m sorry to hear about your case. This to me sounds like a classic case of negligence. Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” If the answer to that question is yes, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand.

You may also have a case regarding a defective product. If a manufacturer or retailer sells you a product and it is defective, and you suffer damages, then you may abe able to claim damages for your injuries. You may not have to sue if you handle the matter informally. However, if they deny your claim or do not act within a reasonable time, you can hire a consumer protection attorney to help you out. You could tell the public about the risks as well, so long as what you are saying is your legitimate opinion about the matter. Just be careful not to say, “You had better give me money or else I’m going public,” because that could be considered extortion under the law.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you saying i am entitled in new york
to file for negligence and defective product alike
2 seperate suits or one suit with 2 claims ?what is a reasonable settlement amount
im not a face model or model
i have small less than 1/2 inch scares
i had bleeding for a few days , was very disruptive had deep cuts bit no stitches
have small lump from scare now on chinshock and a very bloody face
i had NO surgery , NO stitches or NO plastic surgerylost a few days work
then discomfort for 2-3 weeksim not clear what you wrote re the -threats
can i write to the insurance company that is dealing with it for the BLADE COMPANY that ......""dear sir You and (name of insurance company zurich) have not downloaded the we transfer transmission of the blade photos which I offered upon receipt of ((bade company)) email to also send to them at same time .
Further unless we can resolve this IMMEDIATLY, WITHOUT FURTHER DELAYS OF ANY KIND we will have no choice but to seek relief for product defect and negligence damages via alternative means.
the balde is defectivey made
upon inspection (- redacted - the blade company) WILL SEE THAT
I was hurt amongst other damages
I notified your client in a timely manner.
I have remined silent and not alterted other parties ,the public , users or the press , that could be at risk of same or simiar defects . ""IS THIS ACCEPATBLE AND LAWFULL IN NEW YORK STATE OR THREATENING THE PART ABOUT THE PRESS OR OTHER PARTIES , PUBLIC , PRESS ?

Hello, let me take your questions one by one:

1. Yes, you can have two separate claims on the same lawsuit; one for negligence, one for a defective product.

2. What the reasonable settlement amount is depends heavily on the amount of damages that you think you suffered. You may want to collect your medical bills and think about how much time you've had to lose from work as a result.

3. I think what you put is acceptable. You're not extorting them; lawyers send letters like those on the regular basis.

Did you have any other questions for me?