Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I am getting billed from Scanguard.com on my Visa Credit…

Customer Question
I am getting billed...

I am getting billed from Scanguard.com on my Visa Credit card for using their anti virus program on the net and I got no knowledge of ever using them, what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

Twice now I have been billed by Scanguard .com for using their anti virus program and I know nothing of this charge. They have giving me two ref numbers but I dont know how to trace these numbers. Ref 1(###) ###-####and Ref 2(###) ###-####what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?

I dont think so?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/10/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

First, see what you can negotiate. Contact the company and tell them that you don't recognize these charges and do not have or use their software. Tell them to cancel any subscription or membership plan you supposedly have with them. Back that up with a letter to their company.

If they won't let you cancel, talk to your credit card carrier. Tell them that the charges are unauthorized. If your Visa puts through further charges, dispute them. If necessary, cancel the card and open up a new one.

Meanwhile, report the company to the Better Business Bureau at BBB.org. They may be able to resolve this for you. Also, they will do it for free. You can also report them to your state attorney general's office and to the Federal Trade Commission.

Hopefully, they will just let you cancel whatever plan they say you're on and it need not come to anything further. They are an actual company, which means they may have a responsive customer service department.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer