Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Amerisave, refiancing my mortgage, delayed the close and

Customer Question

Amerisave, refiancing my mortgage, delayed the close and paperwork I was told often by my daily contact person because the underwriter was new and had a backup of work. I called daily to ask what was happening for more than 6 work days. When the underwriter looked at the paperwork that as waiting for her, she had some issues. Those got handled, including a rush notice requiring me to sign and return signing by me of "Terms of Loan" which
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Terms of Loan" agreement. As soon as I did that, Amerisave sent me an email saying my docs were undated and check their site. I found a written note to me saying I needed to contact Amerisave to negotiate a new lock rate date and would be subject to a new rate or fee in doing so. I
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Property is in California, they appear to be in Kentuck and Loan Originator paperwork says Atlanta.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't understand "filed" or reported. Do you mean with County offices, etc., no.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 1 month ago.

did your rate end up going up?

has the refinancing gone through?