RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

How do I answer interrogatories? in regards to a civil

Customer Question

Hello , how do I answer interrogatories? in regards ***** ***** civil litigation.
Submitted: 1 month ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Interrogatories are simply questions. You answer them as succinctly as possible. That is, don't give away more information than is being asked for (if I ask you "do you know the time" you don't say "1:10", you would say "yes"). You would answer as best as possible, as succinctly as possible, trying to anticipate any objections the other side has to any answer, but also acting in good faith to answer them. The point is that you should be able to argue every answer in front of the judge that you tried to answer as best as you could, as directly as you could.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'll forward you to a site that I find extremely helpful in answering interrogatories. The following website actually has a good rundown of how to answer interrogatories, how to deal with irrelevant or harassing questions, etc...: https://www.millerandzois.com/sample-interrogatory-answers.html

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!