Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would just like to get some information on how to answer a…

Customer Question
I would just...

I would just like to get some information on how to answer a summons,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

AZ , no I just received it today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Manufacturer? No I haven't contacted anyone.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/9/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. What is your question?
Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I received a summons for a debt, I'm just not sure how to write a response. I want to deny the claims against me.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

What county are you located in?

I am in graham county
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

Thank you for that information.

I am sorry to hear that you find yourself being sued for a debt. Litigation is never easy to deal with.

Click here to go to the Graham County form used to respond to a complaint filed against you. This document is called an answer. It is a one-page document that should be pretty simple to fill out.

If you need any additional forms you can click here to go to the forms page.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Consumer Protection Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

do I just deny? Or ask them for proof that they have the legal right to summon me? They didn't even list an account number which I don't know what it is,
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

Yes, you will need to prepare a legal response denying their claims. However, they do have a legal right to summon you. If a plaintiff properly files a complaint and serves it upon the defendant, the defendant is legally required to respond and appear at trial, regardless of the merits of the plaintiff's complaint.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago