Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

I would just like to get some information on how to answer a

Customer Question

i would just like to get some information on how to answer a summons,
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: AZ , no I just received it today.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Manufacturer? No I haven't contacted anyone.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. What is your question?
Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received a summons for a debt, I'm just not sure how to write a response. I want to deny the claims against me.

What county are you located in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am in graham county

Thank you for that information.

I am sorry to hear that you find yourself being sued for a debt. Litigation is never easy to deal with.

Click here to go to the Graham County form used to respond to a complaint filed against you. This document is called an answer. It is a one-page document that should be pretty simple to fill out.

If you need any additional forms you can click here to go to the forms page.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do I just deny? Or ask them for proof that they have the legal right to summon me? They didn't even list an account number which I don't know what it is,

Yes, you will need to prepare a legal response denying their claims. However, they do have a legal right to summon you. If a plaintiff properly files a complaint and serves it upon the defendant, the defendant is legally required to respond and appear at trial, regardless of the merits of the plaintiff's complaint.