Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Second opinion] I took my 2011 ford edge to a FORD

Customer Question
dealerships to replace my APIM...
Second opinion] I took my 2011 ford edge to a FORD dealerships to replace my APIM. cost $917.00 After learning my programs, MySync and my health report were missing, I took it back to dealer. That was Tues, my husband picked it up after hours, programs are now there, BUT my system will NOT turn off, called dealer back on Wed, left work early, they said it just "needed to be reset" this involves resetting everything, no phone sync, no stations set. I was told it was done, it wasn't reset at all, still not cutting off. they told me to bring it back the next day, thursday comes, I again leave my job, drive the 28 miles round trip for the 4th day straight, ( dropped it off on Monday evening ) told them to keep it until it was FIXED. I get a call 4 hours later, told it was FIXED, sent my daughter to pick it up, I was driving kids from school and couldn't get there. She drove it home, I got home after 6, guess what, ITS STILL NOT FIXED> help! this is a FORD issue and I have taken off work early, driven 100 plus miles, and it still isn't fixed. Now today, its friday, and its back at the dealer for the weekend, battery draining, they aren't open on Sat. Monday they will again attempt. Is there anything I can do? I contacted ford directly, they said "the dealership is independently owned and they can't get involved" when I asked if possibly a FORD ENGINEER could review my videos, as I have recorded every day after pickup what it is doing, doing to saying it's draining my battery. Help! After the issue FORD had with APIM's could this be linked and it's just surfacing? There was a class action suit in CA against ford over APIM's. RhondaJA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?Customer: it's a 2011 Ford Edge 80,000 miles and I am in VAJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: I filed a complaint with FORD, Case # *****: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: NOT THAT I can think of, but I do have videos on my phone
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
9/10/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

At this time, you need to ask this dealership to let another repair shop take a look and pay for transfer of the vehicle to the repair shop for this analysis. If the new repair shop fixes the problem, the dealership would be responsible for the expenses. However, if the repair shop also fails to repair the issue, then this may be due to manufacturer's defect or because the dealership has irreparably damaged the vehicle during the replacement f the APIM. You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to file lawsuit against both the manufacturer, Ford and the dealership and let both of them fight it out as to who is ultimately responsible for your damages and replacement of the car.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.