How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took my car 04 hyundai tiburon to aamco to have a clutch

Customer Question

I took my car 04 hyundai tiburon to aamco to have a clutch and flywheel replaced.They called and said i need a new axle.I told them to replace it too.When i got my car back I paid them $2000 Asi was driving home the check engine light came on .Never before has this light been on.Took the car back.Was told it was the speed sensor.Would cost 1 hour labor plus part.Iwas broke at the time. Two weeks later I took the car to AAA . they told me that the speed sensor was good but AAMCO had put the wrong axle on my car.I had AAA replace the axle for $452 No more check engine light Is it wrong for me to ask AAMCO to refund me $452 since they were the cause in the first place
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: az 8-11-17
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no i was trying to work with AAMCO but not much luck
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have the receipts and the wrong axle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me some time to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

No, asking for a refund from AAMCO certainly seems reasonable if the wrong part was used. The correct part should have been fairly easy to determine based on the VIN, engine size, transmission, etc.

If they will not refund your money then you can sue them in Small Claims Court although you will have to call the mechanic from AAA as an expert witness.

In small claims court you can represent yourself although, in this type of case, you can ask the court to award attorney's fees to you if you decide you want to hire an attorney.If you choose to represent yourself I would highly recommend you read up on the process as well as some other legal process. Most people who lose their small claims cases do so because they do not take the time to learn what they are doing and what is involved. If you decide to represent yourself go to

and pick up the ebooks on Small Claims Court, Discovery, and Trial Objections. Those three are both inexpensive and very comprehensive as far as their coverage in addition, they are ebooks which are updated regularly and don't have a lot of unnecessary information put in there just to make the book longer.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.