Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just discovered my odometer was rolled back. what can

Customer Question
I just discovered my...

I just discovered my odometer was rolled back. what can happen to auto dealership for this

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

California, its three years old and i bought it used 4 months ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I rweported it to auto dealership i bought it from as i have just discovered a fender had been replaced

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They have repaired numerous things in past four months original odometer reading is documented by this dealership on the carfax and on the invoices of things they repaired at no cxost

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/8/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 11 months ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

I am sorry to hear this.

Odometer fraud such as you described violates Section 1770 of the Calif. Consumer Legal Remedies Act.

The remedies are listed here.

You can get a free consultation from some of the consumer protection attorneys listed by location here.

Odometer fraud is also a crime under federal law, and a type of theft under California law.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.