How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 9415
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just discovered my odometer was rolled back. what can

Customer Question

i just discovered my odometer was rolled back. what can happen to auto dealership for this
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: california, its three years old and i bought it used 4 months ago
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i rweported it to auto dealership i bought it from as i have just discovered a fender had been replaced
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they have repaired numerous things in past four months original odometer reading is documented by this dealership on the carfax and on the invoices of things they repaired at no cxost
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Odometer fraud such as you described violates Section 1770 of the Calif. Consumer Legal Remedies Act.

The remedies are listed here.

You can get a free consultation from some of the consumer protection attorneys listed by location here.

Odometer fraud is also a crime under federal law, and a type of theft under California law.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.