How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I charged a customer 10 a day to park at my

Customer Question

Second opinion] I charged a customer 10 a day to park at my parking facility. He brought his vehicle back the next week and never paid me for the parking. Two years later I still have the trailer. The tag is an Indiana tag. I know how to file abandonments in Georgia with Ga tags or vehicles without tags period. I cant pull a vehicle search in Ga because the tag is from Indiana. A customer found a registration tag which has the info for the owner. How can I file the abandonment?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?
Customer: I am the lessee of the lot. I am located in Ga. The tag is Indiana.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

You will need to go through the court process in GA as that is where the car is located and your lien has accrued, but first you will need to send the notice to the last registered owner on the IN tags and you need to send it regular and certified mail with return receipt. If you get no response from the letter, you would have to file suit "in rem" against the vehicle and last registered owner for money due for parking and send a process server in IN to seek to serve the party and prove no service could be made to the court to allow you to then serve by mail and by publication in the IN papers. Once you do that, you can proceed in suit against the actual property, in rem, and can seek to collect your damages by seizure or obtaining ownership of the vehicle.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.