How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer to attempt to get Lowes to assist me with a

Customer Question

I need a lawyer to attempt to get Lowes to assist me with a $4,500 Stanley commercial mower that has been a "Lemon" since the day I bought it. They refused to replace it or fix it. Can I take legal action to get them to help me repair it or replace it?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I live in Tennessee, and I have not been able to find a lawyer to help me. Does the Lemon Law apply to other items than vehicles?
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Thee local manufacturers rep refused to work on it. He said it was a Lows knock off and it was not a real commercial mower. He said he worked on one like mine and got stuck with a $2,500 repair bill. He wrote me a letter telling me to take it back to Lowes. They refused to replace it and now its out of warranty. It only has 32 hours on it. I took it another local repair facility and he said it would be about 1,500 to replace on of the transmissions and he felt the other would go out also.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I took it back to Lowes one last time, and they refused to replace or repair it. They said it's out of warranty.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

In most circumstances I do recommend hiring an attorney but the dollar value involved might make more sense filing on your own in small claims court.