Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I own a condo and pay a monthly regime fee which includes

Customer Question

I own a condo and pay a monthly regime fee which includes the water and sewer fee. However every few months, my water is cut off due to non payment. What can I do about this issue?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Columbia SC
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
If there is non payment that should be cured but such utility cut off should not happen. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Can threaten to report to attorney general office. Should set up auto pay to avoid issues. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you saying that the only recourse I have is to report to the Attorney General's office?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is that an additional $59?
No call needed. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

awaiting your reply, thank you.