Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am wondering if I should Sue my bank for blindly closing…

Customer Question
Hello, I am wondering...

Hello, I am wondering if I should Sue my bank for blindly closing my account and not notifying me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Doesn't apply

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Did the bank explain why they closed the account at all?

Hello,Here is the issue I have a Business Checking account with Regions. I use this account to receive Cash Deposits from customers all over and I explained this to Regions when I opened the account and they had no issues.
I have processed many deposits with no issues also.On Thursday of last week I get a call from a person saying they were a regions teller and that a client had deposited $650 into my account the day before in which I did receive the deposit. The agent called from a non regions number and I didn't know there so I thought it was a scam. They stated that the person who did the deposit got scammed and wants there money back. I show that deposit and that I gave who I thought the client was there product.
The agent said the lady wanted a refund now. and I told him I can't just blindly give him a refund over the phone like that on a cash deposit. I then called my local branch and they said it was probably a scam and not to worry my account was ok.The agent that did call me said well he was going to report me to corporate for review due to all the activity on my account.Then the next day Friday I go to use my account and it is shutdown and can't access it. It had a bit over $2000 in it and then they took out there Processing fee on friday leaving the account now at about $1600On friday when I called they said they can't help and the manager was out till Tuesday yesterday.So I call yesterday and the bank manager said she will look into it and give me a call.
Never received a call back, called later, same
today I have called 3 times morning afternoon and about 14 min. ago and still nothingThey are avoiding me. Also I had a check written before this and it bounced back.They have basically blindly shut my account down no call no mail no nothing.I do have much cash deposits through the account but I did tell them I would when I opened the account.

Hello, I am so sorry for the delay. Your question did not alert me that you had responded. One moment while I go through what you had posted!