KnowYourRights
KnowYourRights, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience protecting consumers against unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent advertising, marketing and financial practices.
9540344

I bough a car from a dealer and he ripped me off for 4,000

hi I bough a car from a dealer and he ripped me off for 4,000 dollars I decided today to take the car back because the owner did offer me
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: hi I bought a car from a dealer that charged me 4,000 but agreed to pay me `1500 I decided to file a claim in court and today I decided to take the car back hoping that they would at lease consider doing 1500 dollars worth of work nothing so I left the car on the lot and keys I am in bear Delaware and the dealer is at 777 Pulaski hwy
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I am readdy
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes I filed a claim in small claims court two days ago in willmington delaware
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also went to asap and I went to maliks auto and pep boys and last fox run who is associated with my AAA and the findings was that their is a leak in the casket in the engine these mechanics took my money knowing that it was a danger to drive this car and did not car I am waiting for a court date. I left the car on the lot today of the owner I cancelled the insurance and I will be returning the plates tomorrow

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Can you please share with me what your question is? Was the vehicle as "as is"? did you inspect the vehicle before buying it or did the dealer make any representations about it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I bough a care from certified motors a month ago and he told me that the only thing wrong with the care was a oil pan casket leak which I was quoted a few hundred dollars I bough this car for my husband to come home to drive for uber and now the care has been declared that their is a leak in the engine casket that can cost thousands of dollars so I took it back today to the dealer because they did make and offer for 1500 and I wanted to see if they would take it to the mechanic of their dealings they
refused I left the car and keys on the lot and I took the licence plates and I just cancelled the insurance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just paid the require amount just give me the advise I have been taken enough please just give me the advise I paid for
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no one cares accept for money I paid what is the legal advise you have on this situation

Thank you. Even though you did this, the vehicle still belongs to you, if it is titled and held in your name. The seller does not have to just take it back and if they made you an offer to buy it back, they need to pay you what was agreed to and take back title. If they refuse, you need to proceed and continue with your lawsuit and sue based upon the misrepresentation and fraud. If they did not provide any warranty, you would need to show that the seller make a representation about the vehicle which you relied on which was false and they did so in bad faith.

If they told you there was only one minor issue ( this should have been fixed by them before you bought it upon your demand) and that was false and misleading, you could sue based upon that and get your money back and/or sue for the cost of repairs to get the vehicle working properly.

A phone call is additional, so please let me know if you still want to request it

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi I agree I will contact them tomorrow and asked them if they would be willing to fix the car based on the offer of 1500
dollars and if they donot I will continue the law suit can I sue for damages caused to me I am suing for 15000 for misleading and lying about the car passing inspection at motor vechicles I will go to motor vechicles and turn in the plates the car is not driveable after all the repairs the mechanics ripped me off to. because they knew of the underlying problem

It would be up to the Judge to award punitive damages, for their conduct. You could sue for the cost of the repairs, to get it into the condition as they represented.