Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Their is a guy from national litigation calling me say that

I have a unpaid pay...
Their is a guy from national litigation calling me say that I have a unpaid pay loan but when I try to call him back he doesn't answer the phone.
JA: Have you contacted the seller or manufacturer? What documentation do you have?
Customer: I don't have any documentation. He said if I don't pay 85.00 they will take me to court
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: But in the past I have always paid pay loans on time
JA: What state are you in?
Customer: TN. But he said the pay loan was in KY
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to find out if this is an scam.
8/17/2017
LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The easiest way to determine if this is a scam is to demand proof of the debt. Under the Fair Debt Collection Reporting Act, creditors attempting to collect a debt are REQUIRED to provide proof of the debt owed upon request. They are breaking the law if they fail to provide proof and continue attempting to collect the debt. Legitimate creditors will not break the law, so if you demand proof of the debt and none is provided, it is generally safe to say you are dealing with a scam.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

He told me that the company was called twin bluff financial. They are wanting $850.00 from me in payments of$85.00.

Thank you. Did you see my answer above? What you need to do is demand proof of the debt. If they can't provide it that is your proof of the scam. The situation sounds rather scammy to me, as you do not recall owing this money, the company will not answer their phone, and they are being very aggressive. Again, you need to demand proof of the debt.

LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
LegalPro
LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer