How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJLLAW Your Own Question
KJLLAW, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1628
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
KJLLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Purchased a car 5000 miles. Titled new owner of dealer drove

This answer was rated:

Purchased a car 5000 miles. Titled new owner of dealer drove car has siogns of repair work do I have any case if this car was in a accident and not rrported
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Illinois 2 months if that
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not from me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Good afternoon
KJLLAW and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello i have put in an explanation with my issue in regards ***** ***** new car purchase
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you online?
It is not illegal for a dealer to sell cars that have previously been in an accident or have mechanical problems, but the dealer is required to disclose any problems they know about, if asked!There is no requirement to disclose accidents or problems he knows about unless asked about it by you. So always ask about any prior accidents or mechanical problems, and always have a witness with you.However, if you purchased a used car and later discover that it has frame damage that you were not told about, you may have a case against the dealer for fraud.Under Illinois law you have a right to know certain information. When this information is not disclosed to the best of the dealer’s knowledge, it is fraud.So yes, you would have an action for fraud, and you could sue to cancel the deal.You also have an option to get back at least part of the purchase price, for what you overpaid for the vehicle. Wrecked and repaired cars can be dangerous because you don't know the quality of the repair job or the repairman.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I purchased a car that was titled as NEW, but had 4000mi on it and discovered previous damage/repair traces.When i asked all the background information i was told car was used by the owner of that dealership and was driven on dealer plates. on paper i am the 1st owner of the vehicle. they assured me the car is NEW. but it was not the case. there's panel adjustment traces, paint imperfections.What are my further steps to take to make my claim. How would i approach the dealer? or a consumer protection bureau?
The first thing you should do is file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General regarding the fraud, and deceptive sales practice of selling you a used vehicle. Here is a link.https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.netYou should also inform the dealer that you are filing a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's office regarding the fraud and deceptive sales practice and expect compensation for the fraud.
The complaint with the Attorney General has a lot of power and will help you obtain a settlement.I hope this further clarifies