Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Smith's grocery has offers available only to people able to…

Customer Question
Smith's grocery has offers...

Smith's grocery has offers available only to people able to load digital coupons. Being poor, like many others, only have a flip phone and no way to put an ap on my phone, thus, unable to take advantage of the discount. I called the store and the man I spoke to was not helpful! In fact, I felt degraded.

Lawyer's Assistant: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just emailed the local store here in Mesquite

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My income is $1,123 a month and I get $16 in food stamps. I'm 69, retired and handicapped. I worked years with Special Ed kids then got my second degree as an RN.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/17/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Is this discrimination?

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, it is indeed discrimination. This would be considered an unfair practice in violation of your State's consumer protection Statutes. You need to file complaint with your Attorney General'a Office, and also with the Federal Trade Commission

Goodluck with your case,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law