Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I signed a contract on a new car left the dealership later…

Customer Question
I signed a contract on...
I signed a contract on a new car left the dealership later they called to let me know that I had still owed on a lease now they want a new contract at a 100 $a month more and won't let me out of the car
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/6/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Once you sign a contract, the law says you are bound by the terms of that contract you are signed. So, it was your responsibility to make sure all debts were paid off here and if you still owe on a lease, you have to make good on that agreement as well. The dealer legally has a written contract signed by you, so they do not have to let you out of that contract and you would need to continue to have to negotiate some acceptable resolution you can agree upon with them to resolve this matter.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.