Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I signed a finance contract with a car dealer and discovered…

Customer Question
I signed a finance...

I signed a finance contract with a car dealer and discovered I agreed to $3000 in extras I didn't realize the cost of. Everything was rushed and not actually explained to me especially the cost. My husband and I are old peeople and vulnerable.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Florida the car is a 2014 i bought out the car I was leasing

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No should I

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I contacted the attorny generals office of consumer affairs

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/4/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about this. Has the AG's office contacted you or taken action? Have you spoken with the dealer or finance company about this?

not heard from attorney general I am on my way to dealer

Thank you. From a legal standpoint, when a party signs a contract, there is a presumption that they read and agreed to the terms and conditions of it. Now, if the dealer rushed you and did not allow you to read it and misrepresented things, you could have a basis to sue them but the burden would be on you at this time, to show they took advatnage of your because of your age. You would need to overcome the presumption that since you signed it you read it and need to show the bad faith of the dealer, when it came time to signing the finance agreement. If you can, you could sue them and get them to pay the $3000 or remove it, depending on if they can with the finance company.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!