Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My Mother has a Life Insurance Policy, but it lapst on Jan 7…

Customer Question
My Mother has a...

My Mother has a Life Insurance Policy, but it lapst on Jan 7 2017. She was in the hospital and then Rehab at this time. She lives by her self. They forced her to retire. She called them to possibly get it reinstated. Sent letter back denied. Now she worked for this company who wrote the policy. In April 2017 we found she has stage 4lung cancer terminal she's in hospice as we speak. She went on dialysis in December 2016 due to a reaction to an antibiotic. So she made me her POA. So I called her previous employer asked the atty told him my Mom's name & mine as well. Was calling about the life insurance policy being lapsed. He said and I quote ( I have no record of any policy ) I said you don't, well I guess I will have someone else look at it. Then he remembers all about it!! He said it won't be reinstated. I feel he is not being honest & fair to my Mom. any idea's

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the basic terms of the Power of Attorney agreement?

It's called a Durable healthcare POA

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, write after they force my Mom to retire we went to court to try and get unemployment. She awarded the case. He was the atty on that case.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/4/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.what can I answer for you? Are you asking if you can pursue a claim?