Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

I was served with papers indicating I am being sued by LNVN

Customer Question

Good morning. I was served with papers indicating I am being sued by LNVN LLC over a Credit One account. According to them I owe over $1000.00. The account was opened in 2014 with a credit limit of $650.00. How did they get a $1000.00 debt when my limit was 650.00 which I paid although I have no paperwork to prove that. What now?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: Greenville SC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. Filed with 70th District court in Saginaw MI
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I received nothing from them in writing.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. You do have a right to dispute the debt and contest this, if you paid. The complaint should lay out and break down the basis for the money which they seek. It is likely that while the $650 was actual debt, the additional $350 included interest, late fees and other collection costs. If you paid this, you could testify to the same but the truth of the matter, is that the mere statement alone, would not be enough. If you paid with a check, you could speak with you bank and see if there is any records of this. If not, you could try and settle this and see if they would agree to a payment plan. However, you also can defend this and make them show that you owe it and they have a legal right to collect.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The summons was filed 6/16/17 and expires 9/15/17. Who do I contact? This company has poor reviews and tend to sue without written proof or any contact at all.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not want to talk on the phone. I prefer writing.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please tell me what I am supposed to do .
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Who do I talk to? LVNV or their lawyer?
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
You would need to talk to their attorneys. You can call and request an accounting to see how they claim what is owed. I would guess it is late fees interest and possibly attorney fees.
The attorney may be able to reduce what you owe in a settlement. I would ask about settling after they prove what is owed.