Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

My granddaughter is recieveing letters from Wilber and

Customer Question
My granddaughter is recieveing...

My granddaughter is recieveing letters from Wilber and associates a firm in Illinois stating that they are going to send her to collections and suspend her licence if she doesn't pay 1006.30 for an car accident on I-5 in fife wa. on 4-29-17 she was never in any accident whatsoever and was never in fife either has no idea what they are going on about not to mention no damage to her vehical when asked they refuse to provide any proof or even an accident report no documentation of any kind to support their claims Christine is of course freaking out and doesn't know what to do I am starting to think this is some kind of scam but am worried that if we ignore this it might come back on her but don't know what to do either I have never heard of such a thing being legal I thought the courts or the dmv would have to be involved how do we stop this from going further don't they have to prove it was her car involved or provide even a shred of evidence we have asked and get nowhere

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the basis for the suspension? Was there written notice or a meeting first?

No they are just threatening to do it there has been nothing but letters from them only nothing from the state or dmv

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge we have asked them for copies of accident report or anything else proving there claims and they wont provide it they just send letters asking for money but no proof of christines involvement hard to be in fife when she lives in moses lake

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

HELP! PLEASE

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Van, Retired Judge replied 6 months ago
Van
Van, Retired Judge

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I think I can assist you with this matter. Please give me a minute to respond to your question.

never mind I didn't relize it was going to cost $47 to get an answer ill find another way

I wish you the best.

Hi, I'm just following up to see if you still need help with your matter. If you would like to provide me with additional information I think I can help you resolve your question.

Infolawyer, Lawyer