Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My vehicle is subject to a title loan. I missed my payment…

Customer Question
Hi! My vehicle...

Hi! My vehicle is subject to a title loan. I missed my payment and they repossessed it on Friday, July 28th. That same day I paid the required money, signed a release for my son to pick up the car over 300 miles away. I've been trying to get the vehicle back every day to no avail. A week later they are still telling me they are reviewing the release I sent them. They keep telling me to keep calling, and still nothing. This seems so not right. It's like they are tacitly refusing to return my property to me. This is in California. What are my remedies?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

California, 2004 Honda CRV

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I haven't done anything except continue to call both the company that has the car, and the loan company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of right now. Thanks.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Has the payment you made been processed? Have they taken out of your bank account already?

I don't know.
Is that 59 additional to the 5 + 47?
Infolawyer, Lawyer