Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Second opinion] I want to get a refund from Summit

Customer Question
Second opinion] I want...

Second opinion] I want to get a refund from Summit Technology, they sold me Webroot security for my computer. It never loaded right! This was on 3/08/2017.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has a refund request been made in writing?

Yes they gave me a fax # that was no good, to fax them my proof of purchase

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Summit Technology is located in Hartford, CT. If they refuse to issue a refund to you, the first step is to contact your credit card company to see if they have a warranty on credit card purchases (if you purchased on your credit card) and if they do file a claim and seek a refund through your credit card.
If your credit card cannot issue a refund, then your next step I am afraid would require you to file a small claims court suit in Hartford, CT against the company and you can sue not only for the cost of the software, but also your reasonable costs of travel to pursue your suit and costs of filing your suit.
You can also file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau if you wish to try that, as many times the BBB can negotiate a refund without you having to sue. However, if this company is as unresponsive as you say, suing in small claims is likely going to be your final recourse against them.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.