Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Car is a 2016 Hyundai Tuscan with a turbo. Car hesitates on…

Customer Question
Car is a 2016...

Car is a 2016 Hyundai Tuscan with a turbo. Car hesitates on acceleration from a dead stop and shutters under a load such as climbing a hill. I've had it back 3 times and the last time they simply reinstalled the software. They stated that that was the best they could do and had no more fixes. I hate driving this car as described and feel it is unsafe.
Thank You,
Jim Thoman

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Purchased in New Hampshire and is a 2016.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only the service reports.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: David Stewart, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
David Stewart

Hello Jim: my name is ***** ***** I am happy to try and assist you today. It seems you are having a very bad time with a new Hyundai vehicle. What are you asking specifically in this instance. Is the vehicle still under warranty, have you sent the car to the dealership where you purchased it? If you bought the car in 2016 it should still be under factory warranty and you should pursue the matter from that direction. If Hyundai does not address the issue to your satisfaction the options would be to pursue litigation to get your money back or a replacement vehicle. Please let me know actions you have already taken in this regard. thanks, David

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still under warranty. Only actions I have taken is to take it to the service department from which I purchased it. All they say is "that's the way the car is designed and nothing further can be done.
It seems to me that you should send a letter of complaint to Hyundai directly. I have found it very impactful to send the letter to the CEO of large corporations, and copy the general counsel and also the dealership. The CEO will not even read the letter but the dealer and counsel will be affraid not to do anything and this often gets results. I am happy to talk you through what to say if you want. I will offer you a cal next if you are interested