Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a question about whether or not a hotel can not allow

Customer Question

I have a question about whether or not a hotel can not allow me to pay for another night they said I could not stay and need to check Out because they need the room
JA: Have you contacted the seller or manufacturer? What documentation do you have?
Customer: Seller of what
JA: What state are you in?
Customer: Washington state
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, a hotel can deny the request. It is private property and the hotel can ask the guest to leave, if there is no availability and they have to have the room, for another guest who made a reservation. The hotels obligation is to honor the reservation for the dates booked and even though the guest may want or need to stay an extra night, they do not have to allow it, if it is not available. I know this is not ideal but if they need the room for another guest, it needs to be ready.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!