Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have been a loyal Sear's laundry equipment consumer for

Customer Question

I have been a loyal Sear's laundry equipment consumer for 30+ years. The time for warranty renewal had come; in the past, I had received a phone call. This year I received one form giving me 3 payment options for 1-3 years. My check is in the mail, not yet received by Sear's. Yesterday's mail brought me another reminder, with different prices for 1-3 years. There is a slight difference between the two notifications, but like most people, I focused on the cost. I have spoken with 5 different customer representatives at Sear's with no success. The problem does not involve a lot of $, but it is the ethics and lack of principles involved that has be fuming. I have several other complaints about other large corporations. Someone might refer to me as the squeaky wheel, or perhaps, a whistleblower. Would someone please contact me, so I may give greater detail and discuss what other issues I have with large corporations in the United States. I am just one person; my standards are ethics and principles.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this? Did you report the company to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General for unfair and deceptive business practices yet? What has the company told you when you speak to the representatives? Have you asked to speak to a customer service supervisor, not just a representative?