Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can you please let me know if decks are covered under PA…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, can you...

Hi Pearl, can you please let me know if decks are covered under PA Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the seller? What documentation do you have?

I am sorry, what does this have to do with my question?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a free service?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Consumer Protection Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

What is the cost for their service?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Consumer Protection Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the amount of the total payment?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Consumer Protection Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

You didn't answer my question. Are you a robot?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
8/1/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Yes, decks are covered by the PA Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act. Home Improvement is defined in the statute to include construction, replacement, installation or improvement of driveways, swimming pools, pool houses, porches, garages, roofs, siding, insulation, solar energy systems, security systems, flooring, patios, fences, gazebos, sheds, cabanas, landscaping of a type that is not excluded under paragraph (2)(vi), painting, doors and windows and waterproofing.

This definition has been interpreted to include decks.