Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a park model trailer back in 2013 new, but when…

Customer Question
I purchased a park...

I purchased a park model trailer back in 2013 new, but when we moved into it there was alot of repairs needed, because it was under warranty they repair some things, but there was some items they cannot fix, also the floor needs to be replaced we spoke with the lady and I have emails going back and forth, but since then she passed away. i spoke with another representative that said they are not going to do anything warranty has expired. i feel they should honor the warranty, this trailer has so many things wrong with it, we asked to have a representative come down but they refused. There was a squeak in the floor they said it had to be cut to fix the squeak, they send they repair man down and he said it is a manufacture defect, but the company still will not honor the warranty, they are alot of other things that were fix but still are not right. Do we have any recourse since i sent all the information before the warranty expired.

Lawyer's Assistant: How old is the home? When was it purchased?

2013 it had a 15 month warranty

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in?

PA

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
7/31/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, you had FOUR (4) years under PA law from the time they did not properly repair the trailer to file suit against the manufacturer for their defective product under breach of warranty. Since you knew the issues were not fixed right, even if you try to file under product liability law, the statute of limitations to file suit is even shorter than breach of warranty as it is two (2) years.
I am afraid that since the warranty is expired and you did not pursue this back at the time when all the repairs were improperly made, your legal recourse is now expired due to the warranty expiring as well as the statute of limitations to sue for breach of the warranty.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.