Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I agreed to purchase season tickets to a sporting event over…

Customer Question
I agreed to purchase season...
I agreed to purchase season tickets to a sporting event over the phone but never signed anything. An invoice was emailed noting the credit card payment and remaining balance. I have now received the official membership agreement. Without a signed agreement my expectation would be I can call and ask the charge to be refunded and/or initial a charge-back w/ my credit card company
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
7/31/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. You should be able to reverse the charges if you have not signed the rep agreement yet. Technically, the company could probably claim you had an oral agreement to honor the charge, but it seems highly unlikely that they would try and pursue any kind of breach of contract claim. I would hang on to the membership agreement, but don't sign anything yet. You should call the credit card company and ask them to reverse the charge.

As you have not received the goods that the charge was for.

Thank you

I'm glad I could help. If you are happy with my service, your 3, 4, or 5 star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.