Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My vehicle was vandalized in Dec 2016. I called the police,

Customer Question
My vehicle was vandalized...

My vehicle was vandalized in Dec 2016. I called the police, received a police report, and made a claim with my insurance company. The auto repair shop had trouble with the insurance company for repairs and receiving payment. The auto pair job has sent me a balance that is owed by the insurance company. My truck wasn't completely finished because of the owed money!!! Would I be able to file suit with a bad faith claim??

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Louisiana 2007 cadillac

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Like??

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. Assuming that the damages that the charges were for are related to your vehicle being vandalized and that the auto repair shop provided the insurance company with the information necessary to adjudicate the damage repairs as necessary, then, yes, you would very likely have a bad faith claim you could file against your auto insurance carrier.

First, you might consider filing a complaint with the Louisiana Department of Insurance so as to avoid the costs and time of litigation if possible. You can find out how to do that at: https://www.ldi.la.gov/onlineservices/ConsumerComplaintForm

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page of my efforts to address your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 31st. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.