How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 57697
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My poor son 34 has had several abdominal surgerys. The

Customer Question

My poor son 34 has had several abdominal surgerys. The latest major
surgery of which I was at the hospital nearer to me where Im at before
and after surgery with his female friend who also goes by as his wife
and his son, of which being my son who i am close to and been close
to them for many years and years. My son being my only real family
(grandson). She has been to but she makes it hard during times to
say the least.Second day after the surgery has been a mystery with me being told
(insulted) by her telling me to leave with a lot of worry by me.
I had been at the hospital a few times to be of help and to understand of
the status his leaving and i was encouraged by the nurses at the time.
The hospital since has not been very good since to me or about this.Ten days not knowing what went on was when every other weekend I allways came over for the weekend to son and them so it was that weekend saturday i came and I was not acknowledged so the next day sunday i came and drove around came back and after driving around
there trying to know what to do. After I left i recievd a text message purportedly
from my son that was not very nice saying for me to stay away and as i was reportedly
seen driving around. Four weeks have gone by since suposedly left hospital and
I still dont know or heard any thing about him and I am having very difficult and hurtful times because of this. And because dont even know if I can even call
or not and how long it will be to and not knowing how he is or even where for sure or
how great of a length of time to know of, hear from or see know how the surgery
went and more about what it was and HOW HE IS, will I ever see him again, being kept from me or me from him.BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY ALL SAY ABOUT HIPPA!
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Healthy
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hard to say....I just want to know how my son is....that I can see him again....that I can call him without waiting a year like I was told or forever.... and if i am being lied to and mistreated by others
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
On review of your facts, you have a good case.I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** another thing to relate, in a little bit, chilling out right now, cutting grass
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is more to know how my son is doing after surgery , ailments and.about me being kept from knowing or what happenrd to him or where at for sure. Thank you
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
As a guardian and parent you are entitled to full disclosure of such facts and you can demand it on that basis.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
The provider administrator can be contacted with grievances by you or a lawyer on your behalf for added leverage!