Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I live in Torrington Wyoming. My husband passed a year ago

Customer Question
My name is***** live in...
My name is***** live in Torrington Wyoming. My husband passed a year ago and I took his S/S. everything was fine untill Jan. of this year Then they took out Medicaid that they were giving me and said i OWE THEM $3900. They said I could appeal which I did never heard from them. Now as a result. I can't go to the doctor as I've no way of getting a supplement, I have had Three back operations can't walk with out a walker , and in the late stages COPD. I had 93.00 left over When I got the money and thought I was in heaven I'm 77 years old worked all my life didn't take help on any thing and now I have a real problem, as I need to see my Doctor and eat..I can not hear so the only way I can talk to you is on line
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What is the order or judgment being appealed? When was it issued?
Customer: Last year around june or July and told me they were talking what I owed them for Medicaid and they sent me a Appeals form..I never heard back untill Jan. And they took out about 400.00 and every month it's a different amount. I was getting 750.00 before I took my husbands. I could just make it as I had Medicaid and food stamps. Why? did they do this to me?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Well I sent the appeals form fill out back and have not heard anything untill they took out my money
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that I can't hear..
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
7/27/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello, Linda! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I'm sorry to hear of your husband's passing. What do you mean when you say you "took" his SS? Do you mean you still collected his SS payments after he passed away? Is that what they are billing you for now?

Infolawyer, Lawyer