Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I bought a car on Monday 17 July 2017 from a dealer, I got a

Customer Question

I bought a car on Monday 17 July 2017 from a dealer, I got a call yesterday from the lender asking me if I was aware of the fact the that at one time the car was considered a total loss, I was not. I was told I could take the car back and basically wash my hands. I took the car back last night and they were trying to force me into another car or the owner will carry the contract. I have put less than 600 miles on the car, the car has been sitting for four days because it won't start, there is no driver airbag. I told them I needed a few days to do research, I felt bullied, told them so. I never would have gotten that car if I had know it was a total loss at one point. I drive four hours a day to and from work. Do I have any rights?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: WA stat, 1999 honda civic
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: no,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. Basically, just want to know if it was not disclosed, am I still responsible for the contract?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney who is admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is yes. It is possible that you may have a cause of action for fraud and breach of contract End of violation of the Washington consumer protection act of the motor vehicle warranties statue. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. Also, in the form you may want to put that you have the additional causes of action regarding the wcpa and the and the MVA.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?