Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I have a 2016 dodge eco diesel 1500 they have too replace a

Customer Question

I have a 2016 dodge eco diesel 1500 they have too replace a part for the cooling system it has been in there shop since July 7 tell me part is on back order is there anything i can do
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Michigan oh hello and how are you today
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I thought i was already speaking with you
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, and is admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Currently, there is not much that you can do, but there is a possibility that your vehicle may be a lemon.Under Michigan law, if, “...the vehicle is out of service because of repairs for a total of 30 or more days or parts of days during the term of the manufacturer's express warranty or within one year from the date of delivery to the original consumer, whichever comes first. This option does not require the same problem to be the cause of the days out of service.”

What this means is that if by August 6th the vehicle is not returned to you, then this means that the vehicle most likely will meet the classification for being a lemon. Generally, the retailer or manufacturer is required to repurchase the vehicle from you. This means that they would just give you back the money that you paid, even if you financed it, even if the vehicle is used. You may want to Google finding a Lemon Law attorney in your area because you may be able to get not only your vehicle repurchased, but also you are Turney's fees recovered as well

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?