Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I'm looking for interpretation of security monitoring

Customer Question

Hello, I'm looking for interpretation of security monitoring contract in Virginia
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: They say it will be the buy out clause. But the contract also has a change of ownership clause in which case it can be terminated, but they are applying buy out with change of ownership
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been with this monitoring co for 12 years. Initial term was 10 years which auto renewed for another 10years. Now I moved out and rented the place which make me eligible to get out of the contract with out buy out
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.If you would like, you can upload the relevant portion of your contract and I can take a look. If you wish to upload something, you can either take a screenshot of it and send it with your phone, or you can upload an attachment if you are on a computer.,