Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I purchased a brand new 2017 travel trailer about 4 months

Customer Question

Hello Experts,I purchased a brand new 2017 travel trailer about 4 months ago from Banning RV. The water heater went out and I got a professional to work on it and could not figure out the issue I was using the trailer until I could relocate for about 3 months since I bought it now that ive found a place and no longer need the trailer was planing on selling it but would now like to return it as is due to the water heater and other interior flaws as the value will not be sufficient to sell it in the current condition it is in ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under warranty law, the only right you have is to have the things that are not working repaired. They do not have to cancel the purchase and take it back, they need to repair the flaws. If they cannot make the repairs, only then could you demand a refund and cancellation of the sale. So if they are not able to make the repairs, you would have a right to demand cancellation, but if they can make repairs, you have to keep the trailer and cannot return it.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.