Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I bought 4 tickets to take my family to a concert. The

Customer Question

I bought 4 tickets to take my family to a concert. The artist was not able to sing. it looks like he was sick and just could not sing... It was embarrassing. We left the concert a few minutes after. I've been contacting the online company were we bough the tickets to request a refund. They have not gotten back to me. Is it legal to not accept the credit card charges for the purchases of the tickets? I have prove that I have contacted them through email....
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did the artist actually perform? If not, did they offer to refund your money?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he did perform but I can not even say he performed. he showed up. it was evident he was sick and could not sing. he would begin a song and stop singing as he could not sing and just let the background music go

Thank you for the reply. The truth of the matter, is that this has nothing to do with the third party who sold the tickets. This is an issue related to the artist and their "performance" and any action, would have to be taken against them. You can try and dispute this but the credit card company may not rule in your favor, as the company who sold you the tickets was only obligated to make sure you got them and had access to the concert. They do not guarantee or make any representations about the performance, so this would be something you would need to go after the artist for, I am sorry to say.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but I did not agreed anything with the artist . How do I claim a refund from the artist ?

You would need to sue him and/or his company. The argument which you are making is basically that you did not get what you paid for. That the artist failed to perform as agreed and you did not get your moneys worth. I think it will be a tough lawsuit and you will incur legal costs but you can certainly proceed.

Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!