Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What can I do if someone sold me a lemon. Pennsylvania, I…

What can I do...

What can I do if someone sold me a lemon.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I took it to several mechanics. Just had a transmission put in on Friday after I told the dealer there was something wrong with the transmission

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The dealer gave me a printout of everything that's wrong with the car it's over $5,000

7/24/2017
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Was this vehicle bought from a dealer or a 3rd party? Was any warranty given on it or was it sold 'as is'? Did the seller make any representations about the vehicle and was it inspected prior to buying it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A 3rd party i would say. It was a car lot. He gave me a 30 day warranty for transmission and engine but also guaranteed me there was nothing wrong with the car. I am having multiple problems with the car and same problems it was when I bought the car

Are you outside of the 30 days?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but it was having the same problems before the 30 days was up and I told him before it was over

Thank you. If the same problem is still present, the seller would have an obligation to fix it. The fact that this was a 30 day warranty would not allow the same problem to continue, after the 30 days and not require they perform under the warranty. If they refuse, you would need to sue them for the cost to do so and you could also sue for any misrepresentation, fraud or unfair and deceptive trade practices, if they said there was nothing wrong with the car and they knew there were problems.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How would I go about suing them? Do I go to small claim court?

Yes, you could. You can proceed on your own. Here is a link with some additional information and for an overview of the process.

http://www.courts.phila.gov/pdf/brochures/mc/SMALL-CLAIMS-PAMPHLET.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank u. Do yall represent in cases like this

You are welcome. I am sorry but the site does not provide legal representation. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

KnowYourRights
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank u for all ur help

My pleasure.