Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I lost my wells fargo credit card in live in ny and reported

Customer Question

i lost my wells fargo credit card in live in ny and reported the lost as soon as i noticed it . The credit card company allowed the thief to charge over my 10,000 credit limit. I claim was denied before my fraud affidavit was even mailed to me, i then made them reopen case and mailed in affidavit they denied it, called some of the out state charges not he out of the country charges nd confirmed all my info didn't match. I told wells fargo this they didn't care less, denied it 4 times with police and identity theft report I made my min payments until now i forced another investigation with exeutive offices to reopen case they told me it will be just denied again. Anyway now they are asking me for 4000 a month min pay due when i never missed a payment total trade 14284. I complaint to BBB and they told them for me to get police report i did denied again, now I'm waiting i reported them to FTC, Occ and consumer finance. I contacted an attorney and they say wells fargo lost so much money on the fraud scheme to consumes two years ago over 185 million dollars they are trying to make it up on consumers like me what could be my next step
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when will i have my answer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No answer
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Are you asking if you can take action against the bank?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After all what I said that's my answer, I'm asking after everything I told you I did what are my options , advise can the bank allow a thief to charge over my credit limit causing them to ask me for a 4000 min payment monthly my credit limit was 10,000 I stated this in my response. Can the bank break the zero liability law and especially with the police and identity theft report after requesting it . Is it better to higher somone to try to block from my credit report so they can collect or report IM ASKING WHAT CAN BE MY NEXT STEP evidently the bank will deny this according to them no matter what I have
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I paid 5 and 37 for some advice
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
far I got nothing
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did write as I stated in my letter to the occ, cfbd, attorney general, and federal reserve and consumer affairs and Bbb they told the BBB for me to get police report and I followed everything and denied again , I called an attorney he wanted me to wait for it to go into default I do t want to ruin my credit but I can't make 4000 payment and lawyer to help before all this wants flat rate with no guarantee of 1500 is that the going rate. Whom to I call about the 4000 payment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still waiting on the other companies response but the payment will be due
How about a lawyer on contingency fee basis? martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
As an examiner how would of you handle it and how to these get investigated cause I did some of my own called charges none of my info matched . If they won't reopen my case the bank should I try to block it or get attorney is an attorney my only recourse . Do you think visited the branch bank I opened the account at would make difference
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you examiner Para legal or lawyer
I am an attorney
I think speaking with local branch manager can help